Pet Friendly Apartments!
Pet-Friendly Apartments For Rent
At our pet-friendly apartments we know that keeping pets happy keeps their owners happy! That’s why we offer a lifestyle that pet owners love. We believe in a clean, safe environment for all pets, which means respectful waste scooping.
For those that enjoy “man’s and woman’s best friend,” pet-friendly apartments are a great place to play.
Monthly Pet Fee = $45 monthly, for each pet
Pet Fee = $400
Dog DNA = $45.95
We believe in healthy and responsible pet interactions for all residents and want to help create a community that welcomes everyone to a pet-responsible environment. PetScreening is the third-party service we use to screen pets.
Breed Restrictions. No aggressive breeds shall be permitted unless approved. Aggressive breeds are identified by the National Center for Disease Control and include but are not limited to Pit Bull, Rottweiler, German Shepard, Malamute, Doberman Pinscher, Chow Chow, Great Dane, Saint Bernard, Wolf-Dog Hybrid, Pit Bull Type, Husky-Type, Alaskan Malamute and mixed breeds/cross bred animals of aggressive breeds.
We love puppies and kittens, but not what they do to our floors! Please bring proof of age. We ask that all pets be one year old or older with shots provided by a licensed professional. There is no weight limit or height limit, but please bring your pet to the community along with a photograph before your move-in date so that we can meet them! Showing proof of renter’s insurance with liability coverage is the final step in ensuring that Aldara Apartments will be a proper home for your pet.
Pet-Friendly Moving Tips To Consider
Having a four-legged family member is one of the greatest joys of apartment living. You have found pet-friendly apartments that will suit all of your needs. Congratulations! You are ready for the entire family, including your pet, to venture onto your new pad!
ASPCA Director of Anti-Cruelty Behavior Research Dr. Katherine Miller states that there are ways to make a move to your new apartment as safe and easy as possible for your furry friends.
Packing Up Your Apartment
Moving is tough enough on humans, but animals don’t know why strangers are removing the furniture. Like the rest of us, pets need a little extra TLC at moving time. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to make their move easier at both ends and on the road.
Take your time. Stretch out your packing time over several weeks. Avoid panic in the last days, leaving moving days as relaxed as possible for you and your pets. Please don’t change your pets’ routines, such as feedings and walks; keep them as normal as possible in the week before moving. Because dogs and cats need to feel in control, they might exhibit behavioral changes or even become ill when stressed. Please treat them with the same level of attention you would ordinarily give them.
Cats aren’t big fans of change. You can help your cats (and skittish dogs) adjust to the moving process by bringing in moving boxes early and keeping your furry friends in a familiar room you plan to pack up last. On moving day, keep your pets in a quiet room with the door shut or at a friend’s house. This will ensure that your cat or dog won’t get scared and try to make a quick getaway while the movers load up the truck.
Prepare to Make Your Move To A New Apartment Pet Friendly
Visit your veterinarian. A couple of weeks before moving, request a copy of veterinary records, a rabies vaccination certificate, and a health certificate. Be certain your pets are up to date with their shots. If your pet is a senior or has health problems, ask whether a mild sedative would be advisable before travel.
Get tags and leashes. If you have a dog or an indoor/outdoor cat, buy or create identification tags with your new address and phone number. Be sure your pets are wearing them during travel. While you’re at it, pick up a cat leash – you’ll need it if you’re taking a long road trip or traveling by airplane, as well as for the first few days that Fluffy and Captain goes outdoors in the new neighborhood.
Pet Friendly Tips For Moving with Cats:
- For the first few days, give Fluffy the security of one room as a home base, including all her supplies. Let her explore the house or apartment at her own pace, one room at a time.
- Remember the saying about cats and curiosity? If you’re moving into an upper-level apartment, don’t open windows more than one or two inches unless they’re securely screened.
- Place litter boxes away from feeding areas, preferably on top of a replaceable throw rug. Cats are very sensitive to odors and often avoid using a litter box that’s too close to their food and water. Remove droppings daily and replace litter weekly.
Pet Friendly Tips For Moving with Dogs:
- If you’re moving nearby, let your best friend visit your new apartment at Aldara Pet Friendly Apartments before moving day. (This can also be effective with cats, but keep them securely in their crates.) Show them that you’re relaxed in this new apartment. This is also the perfect time to have your pet photographed and meet the management team.
- Take your friend on a walk around the neighborhood to introduce him to new sights and sounds.
- If your dog is a chewer, invest in a roomy crate as a doggie condo for times when you’re away from home.
- Create a steady schedule for walks and feedings around the community.
YOUR NEW PET FRIENDLY APARTMENT
Settling in to Your New Pet Friendly Apartment
When you arrive at your new pet friendly apartments, it will be tempting to set your dog or cat loose in the apartment to explore. However, a new and unfamiliar space can be overwhelming to your pets. Start by allowing them to adjust to one room—their “home base”—which should include their favorite toys, treats, water and food bowls, and litter box for cats. When they seem comfortable, gradually introduce them to other rooms in the apartment, while keeping some doors shut. You can slowly move your cat’s litter box to a different room, too.
Your cat or dog will be king (or queen!) of your new apartment in no time.
Again, choose a small room to be the pet room, where dogs and cats can feel secure as you move in furniture and belongings. As much as possible, have furniture, bowls and toys in place before you let your pets out of their crates.
Don’t let pets outdoors without a leash.
Continue giving your pets water from home for the first few days.
- If your pets misbehave, consider ways to reduce their stress. If you suspect they may be ill, make a veterinary appointment. Don’t punish your pets for initial misbehavior. Cats especially will not understand and distrusting you will only increase stress and stress-caused behaviors.
- Clean up “accidents” immediately. Animals tend to repeat behaviors in the same areas, so remove odors as quickly as possible.
At Aldara the best Pet friendly Apartments in Saratoga Springs, we know that keeping pets happy keeps their owners happy, too! That’s why we offer a lifestyle that pet owners love: easy access to walking trails, Willow Park, and the beautiful scenery of Lake Utah. Our trails are kept clean because we strongly support proper behavior of pets. We believe in a clean, safe environment for all pets and that means respectful scooping of waste.
We welcome you and your pet to Aldara. Please read about our pet policy below.
We need your help! Having a pet is a big responsibility! One of those responsibilities is to clean up after your pet.Aldara provides pet stations with poop disposal bags to make it easy to do the right thing. Then simply place the waste in a garbage can. Everyone will be happier when you pick up after your pet! Please avoid receiving a $50 fine for non-compliance. For the safety of our community, which includes small pets and children, all pets must always be on a leash. Any resident not complying with this will be in violation of his or her lease terms and will be fined $200.At the best pet friendly apartments in Saratoga Springs we all deserve to live in a community of caring and responsible pet owners, so thank you for doing your part!